- How to apply for a grant?
- Who is eligible to apply and what is funded?
- How much can I apply for?
- How the payment of grants is organised?
- Can research period contain collaboration with university?
- How reporting on the use of the grant is organised?
- Can awarded grant be deferred?
- How the grant application is evaluated and funding decisions informed?
- Awarded grants
The aim of the PoDoCo program is to promote academic research supporting long term competitiveness and strategic renewal of Finnish companies, and the employment of young doctors in industry. PoDoCo offers young scholars funding from one source for academic research having strategic importance for Finnish companies.
PoDoCo program is funded by PoDoCo foundation pool and companies participating in the program. For a PoDoCo researcher the program offers a research period followed by a targeted research period lasting all together 1-2 years. PoDoCo foundation pool offers research grants for the research period. After the research period the company hires the Post doc to deepen the research results and to create company specific insight. The result is a win-win situation where academic research is supporting the long term competitiveness and strategic renewal of Finnish companies and young doctors get industrial experience.